Thursday, October 18, 2012

Football: Terry decides against appealing FA racism verdict


 Chelsea captain John Terry has opted not to appeal the English Football Association's verdict that he racially abused Queens Park Rangers defender Anton Ferdinand.
Former England captain Terry was fined $356,000 and banned for four matches after English soccer's rulemakers found him guilty earlier this month.
Terry apologized for the expletives he used during the match at QPR's Loftus Road stadium in October 2011, when he used the words "f*****g black c**".
"After careful consideration, I have decided not to appeal against the FA judgment," the 31-year-old said in a statement released by his management company.
"I want to take this opportunity to apologize to everyone for the language I used in the game against Queens Park Rangers last October.
"Although I'm disappointed with the FA judgment, I accept that the language I used, regardless of the context, is not acceptable on the football field or indeed in any walk of life."

No comments:

Post a Comment